Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Poems, Lyrics & Rhymes

  1. #11
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    Uh-oh, Julie's gotta clean up the dragon's mess ? Hope she brings a big shovel. Dragons make BIG messes.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I look out of the window
    As a new day is christened
    I'll sing for you my song
    With words not yet written

    I'll tell you of dark day journeys
    That are now a part of my history
    Listen as I describe the joy and love
    When I answered a silent call that saved me

    I walked that Boulevard of pain and despair
    Drugs and alcohol were a cloak I wore
    Anger was eating me from inside out
    It was a struggle for just one step more

    A dark night on Reseda Boulevard
    A word of love to me was spoken
    By a woman that I barely knew
    The burden was lifted, The spell was broken

    Its been ten years since the Son shined
    My life has taken a turn for the best
    Like everyone, I still have peaks and valleys
    But now for every breath taken, I know I'm blest


    rOGER

  3. #13
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    Righteous, Rog Good tune lyrics

    I'll throw a couple up. It's been awhile.

    One Knight 06/10/2003 Larry L. Cheely


    From rock wall, heart be held alone
    The maid, so fair, cast from her throne
    Her body be now so entombed
    In once she played in laughter?s womb

    A sorrow deep and longing numb
    Her passion silent by stone in room
    In quiet thought, she ponders one
    That once she loved would soon come

    Release her now from this foul deed
    Cross hill and dale on gallant steed
    A spark within her spirit soars
    Of one she loved would not forlorn

    A bond they held from childhood
    Now crosses through the forest wood
    To come to her with kindled flame
    With blood on fire and sword of fame

    She peers now through the window high
    Across the land and ocean?s tide
    Strain thine eyes for shining armor
    Reflected from her heart?s desire

    Hours to days, the weeks, so long
    Yet still, she waits in cruelty?s throne
    A moonless night with scattered stars
    One more glance through rusted bars

    Horizon does not seem the same
    For in its midst-a sparkle gleams
    The distant sound of horses hoofs
    Pound thunder now through castle?s roof

    With golden sword and lance to fend
    He?ll not be swayed from journey?s end
    Unite, he shall, with maid so fair
    A quest to end her living ****

    Black stallion charge with rider firm
    No gate shall hinder his for her
    A glance to tower-her face sees he
    The horses gallop doth increase


    Across the bridge with blood afire
    A gallant knight with heart?s desire
    In heat of battle-one arrow flies
    In deadly path to open side

    Of true knight?s armor-a single space
    To mark the spot of his love?s fate
    The shaft he breaks and forces gate
    Climbs the stairs where maiden waits

    Forces door with golden sword
    His legions storm the lower floors
    He enters room where his love stands
    Compassion in this knight so grand

    Emits from face-between the two
    Takes one step forward-falls back two
    A fall to knees from arrows swoon
    He feels not pain from mortal wound

    In tattered lace
    The maid leaps to
    A single hope-a knight so true
    Who gave his life for love renewed

    With head held in her rotted dress
    And soft hand to his wounded breast
    A final smile from this knight?s lips
    She bends for passion?s lasting kiss

    Shattered glass from crystal tears
    Scattered now throughout the years
    Her throne regained and moon above
    In quiet thought-of one true love.

    Quiet Whispers 10/22/2001 Larry L. Cheely

    Whispers of kindness
    Petals from rose
    Her works not forgotten
    I'll write them in prose

    Encouragement given
    When hearts are amiss
    Soft shoulder to lean on
    A moment of bliss

    No tear is foresaken
    Nor pain gone unseen
    An angel walks with us
    A love so serene

    I grant to her starlight
    From eternity's clock
    Encased in white aura
    In grace shall she walk

    Cherie's avatar kinda reminded me of this one with the angel thing, so I dug it outta moth balls. I wrote it for a nurse in NYC. Nurses don't get enough credit for all they do.

  4. #14
    famveronica
    Guest famveronica's Avatar

    I hear YA !!!!!!!!!!
    Great poem Larry [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] It's my x amens tomorrow and then i will be a nurse too......
    Go me go me go me go me [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    BODY BAG

    Call the paramedics
    Hear the sirens scream
    Another wasted life
    Another broken dream

    Some are killed by gangs
    Some are killed by lovers
    Some are killed by cops
    Some are killed by others

    Bodybag,Bodybag
    Everyone gets to wear a bodybag

    Everyone wants one
    It's the lastest fashion
    Keep it in your closet
    for that special occasion

    Women and children
    Young or old
    Little bitty pieces
    Warm or cold

    Bodybag Bodybag
    Everyone needs a bodybag

    One size fits all
    Comes in basic black
    Satisfaction guaranteed
    Or your money back

    rOger

  6. #16
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Very good poems, Farmboy. I like your writing style.
    I thought I would throw in a couple of humorous rhymes, Like the above "Bodybag" which a band from Reseda (Aardvark) has added music and performed.
    This next piece was written a couple summers ago, After reading about several shark attacks along the East Coast, And it is called....

    Shark Attack

    There is a shark swimming in the ocean
    And he is of the notion
    That It is about time to eat
    Ah, look at all those splashing feet

    Sharks are not the type to be pushy
    But a holiday beach means human sushi
    We see the beach as fun in the sun
    Sharks see a man sandwich, Hold the bun

    Knee deep in water, you think your outa reach
    But with a flick of his tail, He owns the beach
    White meat, dark meat, Its all just a snack
    When you get eaten in a shark attack

    rOGER [img]wink.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    T'anks I like the Body bag number. Might send a copy to G'dubya. Hi, Ronnie Blue-eyes. I think you already got a copy of One Knight. Got another I wrote awhile back for an Irish chick rocker, not Joan this time, called Dragon's Breath. Maybe I sent ya that one. I can't remember. I'll post it tomorrow. StarStar, jump right in here. Ya gotta have something hanging around in the back of some drawer you wrote. AlmaRockstar even posted her stuff. We're all a buncha Hemingways around here, or *******e Stein if you prefer. My fav two authors are D.H. Lawrence and Edgar Allen Poe. D.H. was really passionate in his writing. So much so, that he was thrown out of England by his own peers who were too prudish to see the brilliance of his works. They just weren't ready for Lady ******rley. Whales Weep Not ! is a great piece of poetry.

  8. #18
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    The previous post should be ******** Stein for the author and Lady Chatt*rley for the book.

  9. #19
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    Hey, Ronnie Blue-eyes Chick poetry for ya

    Warning Label Larry L. Cheely

    Flaxen strands frame blue-eyed jewels
    Cautious doorway to her soul
    Confidence emits in gesture
    Play her the fool
    You'll be the jester

    An impish grin
    On fair-skinned lass
    Caused more than one
    To fall enmasse

    Use all thy charms
    On maid so faire'
    Then bid farewell
    You're in her lair

    So welcome all
    Come closer-stay
    The great white hunters
    Are now the prey

    The end. Gotta watch those flaxen-haired chick rockers. They'll eat ya up and smile while they're doing it. hehehe

  10. #20
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Earth Bound Angel

    I have wandered this old world
    Never dreaming of its worth
    Until the day I discovered
    My lost little angel, here on earth

    I was walking through my days
    My life was so empty
    But I didn't realize it then
    Until her wings wrapped around me

    A feeling came over me
    I can't describe how
    But my life was changed forever
    It has a new meaning now

    She has taught me about life
    I feel she really cares
    I have never experienced a love
    like the one with me, she shares

    rOGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic